Do you have an idea or initiative that uses digital technology to improve society and future generations?
Apply to become a Tigo Digital Changemaker!
From July 10th 2015, you can apply to the Tigo Digital Changemaker program. If selected you will receive financial support, beginning with seed funding of Rwf 14 Million for one year, as well as coaching from experienced business people to help you turn your idea into a sustainable venture.
1 - How to Apply: click here for further information about our application process.
2 - About the Tigo Digital Changemaker program: read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
3 - Join us on Facebook to share your thoughts and ideas with us and meet your peers
- Last date to apply:
- August 21st 2015
- Decision on semi-finalists:
- September 11th 2015 (preliminary date
- Concept Development Workshop (for semi-finalists):
- Between September 11th and November 6th 2015
- Between November 2nd-6th 2015
- Jury (for finalists):
- November 11th 2015
Our selection criteria
Ideas we are looking for must:
- Be innovative, creative, and fresh
- Be early-stage or ready to grow
- Be something doable, clear & focussed
- Have potential for great social impact for children and society
- Have potential to be system changing
- Be scalable in order to reach many children
- Have a sustainable financing plan
- Use or have the potential to use mobile, broadband, digital and/or information technology as part of the solution, to scale the impact, or to improve the quality of the impact
- Promote connectivity and access to communication
Individuals we are looking for must:
- Have entrepreneurial skills
- Have leadership skills
- Have a passion for social change
- Be the leader of the organisation established to deliver the idea
Get help preparing your application
Download the Application guide (pdf).Download